Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
From Pillsbury Doughboy Slow Cooker Recipies (2003). Book recommends using split corn muffins or wedges of corn bread as alternative to polenta.
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsley ground
- 14 ounces pasta sauce
- 24 ounces prepared polenta, package cut into 10 slices
- In 4 to 6 quart slow cooker, layer onion, bell pepper, carrots, beef, pepper and pasta sauce.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
I chose to go with cornbread on the side and served with green beans and mashed to please hubby, the finicky one! Made for one of my adoptees, Spring '09 PAC