Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Beef Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄3 cups shredded taco cheese
- In a skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the beans, chilies, oregano, cumin, chili powder and salt.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with butter.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the meat mixture over half of the unbuttered side.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese; fold in half.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden browned.
- Cut into wedges.
Only made two but they were sure good. Served with a corn pudding. YUM.
These were really good and so easy to make. I like that they are baked in the oven. Ended up nice and crispy. I did think that they were very thick--thicker than a traditional quesadilla--next time I make them I will spread the mixture over maybe 6 tortillas, instead of 4, to thin them out a bit. Yummy, yummy--thanks for sharing.
Really good & yummy, too! Came together really easily. I used 1/2 lb lean ground turkey, but still used 1/2 cup fat free refried beans. I omitted the chilies, using 1/4 cup salsa instead. I used low sodium taco seas & low fat mexican cheese. I found that I had enough meat mix to fill 3 whole wheat tortillas-and used fat free butter spread. I didn't bother with the paprika; forgot all about it actually! Baking time (10 min) & temp were PERFECT-enough to brown & get it crispy but didn't burn. This is a keeper! Thank u for sharing. UPDATE: I have used pizza fillings instead of taco, and it has worked wonderfully! Am planning on trying tuna next time. What a versatile recipe! Thanks again!