Julia Lynn's Note:
This is from the March '10 Everyday with Rachael Ray. Great, comforting weeknight meal in less than 30 minutes. I'm sure it would work with chicken as well. Serve with a salad and dinner is on the table in no time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 303.90 g skirt steaks or 303.90 g flat-iron steak, thinly sliced on an angle and cut into pieces
- 29.58 ml butter
- 8 white mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml flour
- 118.29 ml beef stock
- 118.29 ml frozen peas
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package prepared pie crust, 2 pieces
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1Preheat the oven to 425. In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook until browned, 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- 2Add the butter to the skillet to melt, then add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, for one minute.
- 4Stir in the beef stock, peas, and Worcestershire sauce.
- 5Return the meat to the pan and cook until the sauce thickens and the peas heat through, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; remove from the heat.
- 6Unroll the piecrusts and halve them. Divide the cooled meat among 4 piecrust pieces, placing a mound on 1 side of each piece and leaving a small border.
- 7Brush the edges of each piecrust piece with some of the egg. Fold the pastry over to enclose the filling, pressing down on the edges; crimp with a fork.
- 8Brush the tops of the dough with more of the egg and transfer the pies to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- 9Bake until golden-brown, about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Potpie Wedges
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.0
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 112.7 mg
- Sodium 320.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 24.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: