Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Came up with this by raiding the cupboards one evening. Total comfort food, nothing fancy.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 453.59 g frozen hash brown potatoes, cube style
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 283.49 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 396.89 g can green beans, drained
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet.
- Brown potatoes in oil, about 8 minutes, turning once.
- Remove potatoes from skillet and set aside (Drain on paper towels until needed).
- Sprinkle garlic powder on ground beef.
- Brown ground beef and onions in skillet.
- Drain well.
- Mix beef, soup and green beans together and spread in greased pan. (I used a loaf pan, but an 8" square pan or pie dish would also work.).
- Layer potatoes evenly over meat & bean mixture.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 until cheese is melted and dish is warmed through - about 15 minutes.
THis is a variation of something we made as teeagers after my mom went back to work. We jsut mixed it all on the stove top but this was much better! I used co-jack cheese cause that is what I had. B