Recipe by mmlwjr
Mom died this past March, so I have been going through her recipes. This one I remember her serving us and it was yummy, along with veggies and a salad mmmmmmm.
Top Review by Judi H
This recipe has a very good flavor. I wasn't sure about how long to cook the dish and because I wanted to make sure the potatoes were completely done, I boiled the peeled and sliced potatoes about 10-15 minutes in salted water and then mixed them with the meat/sauce mixture in the casserole dish and baked (covered) at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. After we served it and tasted it, we sprinkled a little grated co-Jack cheese for a little more oomph. We really enjoyed the celery in the dish. Thanks for posting the receipe, MMLWJR--what a nice tribute to your mom. I'm sure we'll be making this one again.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled & sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meat in skillet.
- Add onion,celery and celery leaves.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushroom soup, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Place 1/2 the sliced potatoes in a greased casserole dish, then add 1/2 the meat sauce, the rest of the potatoes, then the last of the meat mixture.
- bake 350 for 1 1/2 hr.