Recipe by mydesigirl
I'm putting this on my 'to make' list. I want to try it with ground turkey breast.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup potato, grated
- 1⁄4 cup onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons green peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup bacon drippings (or other fats)
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except fat,tomato juice and flour.
- Form into 4-5 patties -- make 'em flat!
- Brown the patties in the drippings in a frying pan.
- Add tomato juice and cover.
- Simmer slowly until done about 25 minutes.
- Remove patties and keep hot.
- Mix flour with a bit of water and slowly stir into tomato juice.
- Cook slowly,stir constantly until thickened.
- Pour sauce over patties and serve.