Recipe by Sonya01
I love pesto & potatoes so I have to put this one in my recipes to try when I have time. Serves 1.
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
I made this tasty soup however; I made 6 servings and I cheated and made it in a way that fits my busy schedule better . Since stews and soups cook so well in the crock pot I decided to use mine for this recipe. Once the smells started to permeate the air I couldn't wait any longer, so I ladled out a smidge and cooked it in the microwave. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing. Made and Reviewed for the 24th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap Jan. 09
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 1 small potato, peeled, and chopped (125g)
- 354.88 ml beef stock (375ml, made from stock cubes)
- 1 small zucchini, chopped (60g)
- 50 g green beans, topped, halved
- 100 g filet of beef, thinly sliced across the grain
- 14.79 ml of bought basil pesto
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Spray with oil.
- Add leek and potato and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes
- Add the zucchini and beans and simmer for a further 3 minutes or until tender.
- Taste and season with salt if needed.
- Add the beef.
- Remove from heat.
- Set aside for 1-2 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into a serving bowl.
- Add the pesto.