1/1 Photo of Beef Pot Roast With Root Vegetables
5 hrs 30 mins
This pot roast is the recipe i have been making all my cooking life except the addition of the balsamic vinegar which gives it a wow taste. The secret is to find a cut of meat that is well marbled; chuck, boneless blade, shoulder roast. Talk to your butcher. Personally, I find the roast is juicier if you are not able to slice it, but chunk it to serve. If you own a Creuset or a dutch oven; now is the time to take it out. I don't so I use my cheap roast pan. Stilll comes out fabulous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pat roast dry; season with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat oil in Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add roast; brown well on all sides, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3Remove roast from pan and place in roasting pan.
- 4Discard all but 2 tsp oil from pan.
- 5Add first batch of chopped onions and garlic. Cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- 6Add 2 cups broth and vinegar; bring to boil and deglaze pan. Add to roast pan. Cover tightly; cook in preheated 350ºF oven for 3 hours.
- 7Arrange remaining onions, carrots, potatoes and remaining beef broth around roast. Cover and continue to cook for 2 hours or until vegetables and beef are tender.
- 8Remove beef and vegetables to serving platter; keep warm.
- 9Skim any fat from juices; simmer on top of stove, uncovered, until concentrated and flavourful; Stir in parsley.
- 10Slice meat or chunk up meat, arrange with vegetables on plates and spoon juices on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Pot Roast With Root Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.8
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 643.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: