Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Made for Aus/NZ Swap. This is very good and I loved how the dredging in flour made for a good base for the gravy. I did feel it needed some more something in the flavors. I may add in some roasted garlic and additional pepper. I will definitely make this again as the meat was fall apart tender. I used my newer crockpot and on low it was done in 6 1/2 hours on low. I may try my older crock next time to see the time difference. Very Nice and thank you for a great recipe. pics to follow
- 1 1⁄2-1 7⁄8 kg boneless beef roast, Beef Topside Roast
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock, liquid stock
- 3 teaspoons plain flour (optional)
- 4 teaspoons water (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim all excess fat from the roast.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper on a flat plate. Coat meat with the flour mixture. Heat large pan with oil and brown the beef.
- Place onion and celery in slow cooker, then pour in the liquid stock and top with roast (cut roast in half if it's unable to fit),.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours. Depending on how well you enjoy the beef.
- Remove beef from the slow cooker and allow to sit until you make the gravy (about 10 mins).
- To make gravy pour all the juices from the slow cooker into a pot and puree with a hand wand. Put the meat juices on a very low heat on the stove top. In a separate bowl mix flour and water until liquid paste. Slowly add the flour and water mixture into the gravy pot, mix the gravy until it thickens.
- Slice beef and serve with roasted root vegetables and gravy.