Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a simple, hardy, slow cooked, pot roast that welcomes you home from a long day. Put it on in the morning, let it simmer all day, let those flavors mingle. Once home, forget about everything else as you enjoy this delicious comfort food. Even the clean up is easy.
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, fat trimmed, thawed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups v 8 vegetable juice
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packagemccormick beef stew seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen stew vegetables
- Rub both sides of the chuck roast with flour.
- Spray the insides (bottom and sides) of the crock with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the roast in the crock and press it down firmly so it rests snugly on the bottom.
- In a separate bowl mix V-8 juice and the McCormick Seasoning until seasoning is dissolved.
- Add frozen stew vegetables to the slow cooker.
- Pour the vegetable juice/seasoning mixture over the roast. The liquid should just cover the contents of the pot. If it doesn't add a little water or vegetable juice.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 hours, or on high heat setting for 5 hours.
- Turn off, allow to cool in the crock for up to half an hour.
- Serve with corn bread, buttered toast, or rolls.
This recipe was so easy and so good. I used a larger top round roast for this and cooked it on low for about 12 hours (suited my schedule better). The roast was very tender. My family really liked this. The leftover roast and sauce was great as a sandwich. Thanks!