Recipe by Atomic Girl Cooks!
Source - a very old issue of Canadian Living. Any type of roast may be used: cross rib, blade, shoulder, chuck, brisket, etc. (Note that you only use one roast in the recipe - but for some reason it keeps showing up as plural!)
- 2 slices bacon
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 lbs cross-rib roasts
- 4 cups onions, thinly sliced
- pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch bacon in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Insert cloves into beef.
- Spread onions on bottom of heavy casserole.
- Lay bacon over onions.
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper and place on top of onions.
- Cover tightly.
- Roast in 325 F over for 3 to 4 hours or until meat is tender and onions are brown.
- Turn meat 3 or 4 times during cooking.
- To serve, slice meat and arrange on large platter. Spoon onions and juices over slices.