Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy Tender Pressure Cooker Pot Roast
Make and share this Beef Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Brown roast thoroughly in oil on all sides.
- Season with salt& pepper.
- Add onions and water.
- Cover, set pressure at 10 and cook for 1 hour after control jiggles.
- Cool pan normally 5 minutes, then set in sink and run water over covered pan til pressure is gone.
- Thicken gravy with flour mixed with 1/2 c water.
This is now a family favorite, my first attempt at a pressure cooker meal. I did not have enough onions, so I substituted a can of french onion soup, with the required amount of water. This roast plus mashed potatoes and gravy, there was noting left, no left overs. The family is requesting it again for Sunday dinner. Thanks for a great recipe!
This is a classic roast to cook in your pressure cooker. When time is short you can't miss with this recipe. The roast has a marvelous onion flavor witht he broth, and the meat is fork tender. Thanks Teresa for sharing your recipe. It was wonderful!!