Recipe by Teresa M
Easy Tender Pressure Cooker Pot Roast
Top Review by jlriggleman
This is now a family favorite, my first attempt at a pressure cooker meal. I did not have enough onions, so I substituted a can of french onion soup, with the required amount of water. This roast plus mashed potatoes and gravy, there was noting left, no left overs. The family is requesting it again for Sunday dinner. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 3 lbs pot roast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 onions
- 3 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown roast thoroughly in oil on all sides.
- Season with salt& pepper.
- Add onions and water.
- Cover, set pressure at 10 and cook for 1 hour after control jiggles.
- Cool pan normally 5 minutes, then set in sink and run water over covered pan til pressure is gone.
- Thicken gravy with flour mixed with 1/2 c water.