1/2 Photos of Beef Pot Pie - the Best!
Hearty comfort food at it's finest... Like a beef stew within a pie shell. Perfect for cold winter nights indoors. I happen to use a quiche' dish for an extra deep pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups carrots, coins (Grimway pre-sliced carrot coins in produce aisle)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (I use refrigerated jar)
- 1 (1 lb) package boneless beef chuck (1 package of tips or cut beef into bite size pieces Note -- chuck has best flavor for this recipe bu)
- 1 pillsbury ready-made pie crust (2 pie shells per package)
- olive oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can campbell's beef gravy
- Pam cooking spray
- 1Boil celery, onion & carrots in water with 2 cubes boullion in medium pot until tender.
- 2Meanwhile, brown meat in olive oil/butter with 1 tablespoon refrigerated minced garlic in large stock pot.
- 3Drain meat when done & return to pot. Add 1 can Campbell's beef gravy. Then drain vegetables & add to meat & gravy. Simmer on low.
- 4Spray deep pie dish (I use quiche' dish) with Pam.
- 5Roll out pie crust & press into dish & up sides. Add beef/vegetable mixture.
- 6Cover with top crust & press together both crusts then flute edges. Pierce top crust with fork to vent steam.
- 7Bake 450 degrees x 35-45 minute until crust golden brown. After 20 minute cover edges with foil as to not burn.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Pot Pie - the Best!
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.6
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 625.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 14.7 g