Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Hearty comfort food at it's finest... Like a beef stew within a pie shell. Perfect for cold winter nights indoors. I happen to use a quiche' dish for an extra deep pie.
- 2 -3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups carrots, coins (Grimway pre-sliced carrot coins in produce aisle)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (I use refrigerated jar)
- 1 (1 lb) package boneless beef chuck (1 package of tips or cut beef into bite size pieces Note -- chuck has best flavor for this recipe bu)
- 1 pillsbury ready-made pie crust (2 pie shells per package)
- olive oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancampbell's beef gravy
- Pam cooking spray
- Boil celery, onion & carrots in water with 2 cubes boullion in medium pot until tender.
- Meanwhile, brown meat in olive oil/butter with 1 tablespoon refrigerated minced garlic in large stock pot.
- Drain meat when done & return to pot. Add 1 can Campbell's beef gravy. Then drain vegetables & add to meat & gravy. Simmer on low.
- Spray deep pie dish (I use quiche' dish) with Pam.
- Roll out pie crust & press into dish & up sides. Add beef/vegetable mixture.
- Cover with top crust & press together both crusts then flute edges. Pierce top crust with fork to vent steam.
- Bake 450 degrees x 35-45 minute until crust golden brown. After 20 minute cover edges with foil as to not burn.
What can I say? YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Used homemade pie dough & ended up using a 13x9" rectangular glass pan as I wanted it deep dish as well. I'm glad I did because it did bubble a little bit and in a smaller pie pan would have been a mess. But this was delicious! My whole family loved it and my son who is picky, picky, picky at 3 helpings!
Can't give more than one star to a 'recipe' that uses canned gravy when homemade is just too easy to make. :(
Really easy to make. I added a little rosemary and thyme to the pot. Didn't have canned gravy but it was almost as fast making a gravy after browning the beef. For the gravy liquid I used 10 oz of the water left after boiling the veggies. It was delicious.