Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
I came up with this while working on my own homemade version of chicken pot pie. This is the scrumptious variation that resulted. In fact, my husband loved these beef pot pies so much, that I don't make the chicken pot pies anymore! This is definitely a regular meal at our house.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F).
- Begin by frying beef in just a touch of olive oil or canola oil; season to taste (I like to use season salt and coarse pepper).
- While meat is cooking, mix frozen veggies, cream of mushroom soup, and brown gravy mix together.
- Add enough water to create a gravy suitable to your liking (less water for thick gravy, more water for thin gravy). Just be sure that the gravy isn't too runny, otherwise it will run over during baking.
- Add cooked beef to mixture; mix all ingredients well. Let stand while making the crust.
- To make crust, add first three ingredients together.
- Cut with knife or pastry blender into pea-size or smaller pieces.
- When all ingredients are well blended, add one (1) tablespoon of water to mixture and combine. Continue adding a tablespoon of water to the mixture and combining until all the dough is moistened (from Better Homes & Gardens Cook Book, 11th ed.).
- Roll out bottom crust, then press into individual pie pan.
- Add meat and veggie mixture, being careful to not overfill.
- Lay top crust over mixture and trim both crusts close to pie pan.
- Seal edges with a fork.
- Place on aluminum foil-lined cookie sheet and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- After baking, allow to stand for 5-10 minutes before eating.
- Then, ENJOY! We love these pot pies because they are very filling and flavorful.
This was excellent! Thank you for sharing such an easy but wonderfully flavourful recipe! The only thing I did differently was to leave out the water! So yummy! Thanks BethyB! :D
I made this tonight for me and my husband. It was awesome! And so easy! I ended up making too much filling and he loved it so much that he ate the filling by itself! Amazing! Thanks!