1 hr 40 mins
I came up with this while working on my own homemade version of chicken pot pie. This is the scrumptious variation that resulted. In fact, my husband loved these beef pot pies so much, that I don't make the chicken pot pies anymore! This is definitely a regular meal at our house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb stir-fry beef, strips, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F).
- 2Begin by frying beef in just a touch of olive oil or canola oil; season to taste (I like to use season salt and coarse pepper).
- 3While meat is cooking, mix frozen veggies, cream of mushroom soup, and brown gravy mix together.
- 4Add enough water to create a gravy suitable to your liking (less water for thick gravy, more water for thin gravy). Just be sure that the gravy isn't too runny, otherwise it will run over during baking.
- 5Add cooked beef to mixture; mix all ingredients well. Let stand while making the crust.
- 6To make crust, add first three ingredients together.
- 7Cut with knife or pastry blender into pea-size or smaller pieces.
- 8When all ingredients are well blended, add one (1) tablespoon of water to mixture and combine. Continue adding a tablespoon of water to the mixture and combining until all the dough is moistened (from Better Homes & Gardens Cook Book, 11th ed.).
- 9Roll out bottom crust, then press into individual pie pan.
- 10Add meat and veggie mixture, being careful to not overfill.
- 11Lay top crust over mixture and trim both crusts close to pie pan.
- 12Seal edges with a fork.
- 13Place on aluminum foil-lined cookie sheet and place in preheated oven.
- 14Bake for 40-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- 15After baking, allow to stand for 5-10 minutes before eating.
- 16Then, ENJOY! We love these pot pies because they are very filling and flavorful.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Pot Pie / Pies
Serving Size: 1 (1548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.3
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 663.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: