Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I dont know where I got this recipe but it is good.
- 1 (15 ounce) packagepillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 lb roast beef, cooked, thickly sliced and cubed
- Heat oven to 425.
- Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for 2 crust pie using a 9 In pan.
- In large saucepan combine gravy, and cornstarch.
- Add frozen mixxed vegetables, mushrooms, worcestershire sauce and mix well.
- Cook over med-high heat until bubbly.
- Stir in the roast beef.
- Pour into pie crust lined pan.
- Top with the second crust and flute. Cut decorations as you like but at least put several slits into top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 425 for 30-45 mins or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cover edge of crust with strips of foil after the first 15 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
I made a bland pot roast last week, and needed to use up the leftovers. This made the leftovers excelent!
I had some leftover chuck roast to use up, so I made this pie. It's very easy and tastes good too. I omitted the mushrooms, since my son doesn't like them. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. I will be making this again, when I have leftover roast. It's a very convenient recipe for a week night meal.