Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Skillet steak and mushrooms in a wine sauce
- 2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups fresh portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (save a little for garnish)
- In a large skillet, sear the steak in 2 Tbs of olive oil (about 5 minutes per side).
- Remove and keep warm in the oven. Put the other 1 Tbs of olive oil and the butter in the pan.
- Add onion and mushrooms to the pan.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Slice the steak into 1/4" pieces.
- Serve steak with mushrooms and sauce spooned over the top. Garnish with some fresh chopped parsley.
This was a nice way to cook steak. Simple to put together and very tasty. I added a bit of beef broth to the sauce - I think my wine was a bit sharp tasting. Thanks so much for a great dinner!