Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
the classic comfort food. We like to serve this one with onion gravy.
Make and share this Beef & Pork Meatloaf & Onion Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml breadcrumbs
- 453.59 g lean beef, ground
- 453.59 g lean pork, ground
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 44.37 ml parsley, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, chopped or pressed
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 7.39 ml salt
- 118.29 ml onion, minced
- 44.37 ml butter
- 44.37 ml flour
- 314.66 ml beef stock
- 14.79 ml parsley, minced
- 59.14 ml dry red wine
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Shape into a loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- If desired, spoon onion gravy over baked meatloaf slices.
- Onion Gravy Makes About 2 cups While this sauce was designed to be served on our Beef and Pork Meatloaf, it is amazingly versatile. Try it on mashed or baked potatoes, pork chops, steak or whatever! Use your imagination.
- Saute onion in butter for about 3-5 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Stir in flour and add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
My husband has been wanting meatloaf like mom used to make and after many failed attempts, THIS IS IT! I threw in 1/3 ground chicken and made it a Three Meat Loaf, topped off with the onion gravy....I'm going downstairs to make it again right now!
Used my own meatloaf recipe so I can only rate the gravy and it was WONDERUL! Followed your recipe except I also added a little old fashioned Kitchen Bouquet and it was perfect!
Excellent meatloaf. Followed the recipe to the T. Loved the gravy, just the right touch. As usual, Tonkcats delivers!