Recipe by Irishcolleen
This is one of my daughter's favorite meals. Most recipes for Beef Porcupines that I see on the internet are either made in a tomato sauce, or with sour cream. These are in a beef gravy. Mmmmm!
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 118.29 ml orzo pasta, uncooked (or 1/2 cup spaghetti, broken into small pieces)
- 118.29 ml rice, uncooked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 0.25 ml salt
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12.32 ml beef base
- 591.47 ml hot water, divided
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml cold water
- 177.44 ml frozen green pea
- 113.39 g can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 59.14 ml parsley, chopped
- 59.14 ml green onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first nine ingredients, well.
- Shape into elongated meatballs.
- In large skillet, brown meatballs on medium high heat.
- Remove from pan. Drain all but one tablespoon of the fat.
- Saute large onion, bell pepper, and garlic until onions are transparent.
- Return meatballs to the pan.
- Mix beef base and 2 - 1/2 cups hot water.
- Slowly pour into skillet over meatballs.
- Heat over high heat until liquid comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup cold water.
- Pour over meatballs. Stir.
- Add peas, mushrooms, parsley, and green onion.
- Cover and simmer for 4 minutes. Serve.