Recipe by Michelle S.
My Aunt first made this for me as a teen. I still crave it every now and then. It is a very basic recipe that you can have fun "playing" with.
Top Review by Stephanie W.
I made this tonight, but made it my own way. I used the rice, but I also chopped up an onion to add to the meat, as well as salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and parsley. I also added maybe a tablespoon of V8 Tomato Juice. After forming into balls and browning, I added water, and instead of the beef flavor packet, I used a can of Cream of Mushroom soup. I let it simmer for the time said, and added a little flour to thicken up the gravy. Was SOO good! Served with mashed taters and broccoli and cauliflower in asiago and Parmesan cheese sauce!
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rice mix from box with ground chuck and egg.
- Season with garlic powder, season salt or just plain salt and pepper if you wish.
- Shape this mixture into 20 1 1/4 inch meatballs.
- In a large skillet in a small amount of oil, brown meatballs over medium high heat.
- Slowly stir in water and special seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 30 minutes or until meatballs are cooked.
- You may thicken gravy if desired.