Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My dh make this a few weeks ago and he did a great job, very tasty, here served broccoli and baby new potatoes with it and a tossed salad. I gave him a thumbs up.
- 4 (6 ounce) thick cut steaks
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- 6 ounces mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon ginger wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon double cream or 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Make a horizontal cut in each steak without cutting all the way through.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and lightly cook the mushrooms, garlic and onion for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the parsley, ginger wine, breadcrumbs and cream.
- Mix together well.
- Generously fill each pocket of the steaks with the stuffing.
- Grill for 5 to 15 minutes until the meat is cooked to taste.
- Serve at once.