Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
MMMM very good, and so easy to make...I guessed at some of the measurements only because I add more or less sometimes.
- 1 lb beef sirloin (cut in strips)
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add beef strips and stir well.
- Top with tomatoes, garlic, oregano, basil, and pepper.
- Place lid on pan and cook on medium/high for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 30-45 minutes, or until meat is tender.
- Serve over rice, or egg noodles.
This has such lovely fresh flavours. Simple and fuss free to make also.
So delicious yet extremely easy to make. All the spices blended so well together and gave off a very pleasant aroma while simming. I served mine over rice, garnished with fresh cilandro. Such a treat after a long hard day.
Simple and good. I used 28 ounces of stewed tomatoes just to make it stretch a bit more for the 5 of us. The last 45 minutes of cooking I took of the lid to help reduce some of the liquids.