Recipe by Boomette
Recipe from The Taste of Home Cookbook : Begin your Greek menu with this tasty version of a traditional gyro. With tender seasoned beef and sauteed onions, this is sure to be a hit. It's topped with an easy-to-make yogurt sauce.
- 236.59 ml plain fat-free yogurt
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, minced
- 2.46 ml garlic, minced
- 0.59 ml salt
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml fresh rosemary, minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 453.59 g beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 19.71 ml olive oil, divided
- 4 whole gyro-style pita bread, warmed (6 inches)
Directions See How It's Made
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, parsley, garlic and salt. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper; add beef. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in 2 tsp oil until golden brown. Remove and keep warm. Saute beef in remaining oil until no longer pink. Serve beef and onion on pitas with yogurt sauce.