Recipe by Big K
This is an easy satisfying meat dish wrapped in a biscuit dough. It is a favorite at my house. Add mashed potatoes, gravy and a veggie and you have a great meal. Enjoy!
Top Review by bhead
This recipe is one of the favorites within my house. Since it makes a dozen pinwheels, I will freeze the leftovers for another time. To reheat the frozen pinwheels, just stick them back in the oven so they become crisp again.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2⁄3-3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare biscuit dough using the first 5 ingredients.
- Roll into 10 x 15 inch rectangle.
- Mix remaining ingredients well.
- Spread evenly over dough and roll as jelly roll.
- Cut into 12 slices, 3/4 inch thick and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 375* for 30 minutes or until pastry is brown and meat cooked.
- Serve with prepared box or jar gravy.