Recipe by Leona
Simple. I got this recipe out of a older recipe book and added ingrediants to suit my familys taste buds. Nice on a chilly day. A definite one dish meal!
Top Review by AmyMCGS
Quick & filling. We thought it was a little bland, but it could be spiced up easily if I make it again. I used another reviewer's suggestion of VegAll since I didn't have the right combo of canned veggies on hand- that worked well. I only used one lb of stew meat because that's all I had- but next time I'd definitely use two as the recipe states. Overall, we liked this for a quick & easy dinner.
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can peas (drained)
- 1 can carrot (drained)
- 1 package Jiffy cornbread mix
Season for meat
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon season salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix dry seasonings together and mix with beef.
- slowly sautee beef and onion in pan until meat is done.
- Prepare corn bread mix according to package directions.
- (DO NOT BAKE).
- Pour meat mixture into a baking dish.
- Pour corn bread mixture on top of meat mix.
- Bake in oven about 20 minutes.