Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was submitted by Hilda Schollenberg, Wpg. MB in a recipe book called "Country Cooking". I have not made it but I would think it would be good for a lunch, served with a salad and rolls. Good to make ahead of time.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) box seasoned croutons
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten,separately
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or 1⁄2 cup canned mushroom
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- Combine ground beef, 1 cup seasoned croutons, tomato sauce, onion, salt and 1 egg; press onto sides and bottom of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Mix remaining croutons, egg, mushrooms, green pepper and cheese, spreading over the meat mixture lined pan.
- Arrange tomato slices on top and bake at 375 degF for 25 minutes.