Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This Latin dish is from Every Day with Rachael Ray. This can be served just as is written or pile warm Beef Picadillo on a soft potato roll for a Latin-style sloppy joe.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, olives and garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Crumble in the ground beef, using a wooden spoon to break up any large clumps.
- Increase the heat and cook until the liquid is reduced.
- Stir the tomato paste into the meat mixture and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 2 to 3 tablespoons water to loosen the sauce.
- Stir in the peas and carrots, cover and cook until just cooked through, 4 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro; season with salt and pepper.
Really enjoyed the combo of stuffed olives & garlic in this dish, & I was also generous with the peas & carrots! Used lemon pepper instead of the S&P ~ just a personal preference of mine when garlic is included! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Made & reviewed while touring South & Central America on the Zaar World Tour 4]