Recipe by Lainey39
This Latin dish is from Every Day with Rachael Ray. This can be served just as is written or pile warm Beef Picadillo on a soft potato roll for a Latin-style sloppy joe.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Really enjoyed the combo of stuffed olives & garlic in this dish, & I was also generous with the peas & carrots! Used lemon pepper instead of the S&P ~ just a personal preference of mine when garlic is included! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Made & reviewed while touring South & Central America on the Zaar World Tour 4]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 8 large pimento stuffed olives, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, olives and garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Crumble in the ground beef, using a wooden spoon to break up any large clumps.
- Increase the heat and cook until the liquid is reduced.
- Stir the tomato paste into the meat mixture and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 2 to 3 tablespoons water to loosen the sauce.
- Stir in the peas and carrots, cover and cook until just cooked through, 4 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro; season with salt and pepper.