Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe many years ago in a magazine and have made this many times for my family. Today, this is still a favorite. I am more careful now with the soy sauce because of sodium content.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup Uncle Ben's converted brand rice (I use instant rice for this)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, or to taste
- 2 green peppers, coarsley chopped (I slice them)
- 1 (2 ounce) jarsliced pimientos, , drained (optional)
- Brown beef in oil in 10-inch frying pan.
- Stir in onion, rice, beef broth, one soup can of water and soy sauce.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and cook over low heat until liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in green pepper and pimiento.
- Heat through.
Rosemary, This was a very easy recipe,and the taste was worth the wait,it smelled so good cooking I could hardly wait to eat it.The only thing I did different was to put the green peppers in and cook them for the last 15 minutes of cooking time. Will definitely make this again. Thanks,Darlene
I found this recipe quick and easy. My family enjoyed it so I will definately be making it again. The only change I made was to use stewing beef cut up in bite size pieces seasoned overnight.
Very good, a little bland for us so we used 2 cans of beef broth and no water, also 2 tsp minced garlic and 3 slices Jalapeno pepper.