Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 1 large green bell peppers, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces or 1 large red bell peppers or 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 12 large mushrooms
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Trim fat from beef steak; cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces.
- In large bowl, whisk together seasoning ingredients; add beef, bell pepper and mushrooms, tossing to coat. Alternately thread pieces of beef, bell pepper and mushrooms on each of four 12-inch metal skewers.
- Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place kabobs on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 9 to 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Season with salt. Serve kabobs with rice. Makes 4 servings (serving size; 1 kabob and 3/4 cup rice) Total preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes Cook's Tip: To grill, place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered cools.
- Grill kabobs, uncovered, 8 to 11 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally; season with salt.
This was a great, easy recipe for beef kabobs. I followed the recipe exactly, only added onions to the kabobs. We had this on the grill July 4th, along with fresh corn on the cob. A very satisfying, fun meal to prepare and eat.
Delightful taste, easy to prepare and very enjoyable, thanks.
This was a nice kabob recipe. I made as directed making no alterations. Thanks, Dancer, for posting this to share!