This is a very popular Danish dish. It goes well with new nugget potatoes and pickled beets. You can add other spices to the patties ( eg Mace) but they are really good plain so you can savour the beef and onion flavors.
- Fry the onions in 2 oz of butter until they are turning brown.
- Add the water and continue cooking until it has evaporated.
- Remove onions and keep them warm.
- Shape the beef into round flat hamburgers (about 1" thick) and dip into seasoned flour.
- Melt remaining butter and fry the hamburgers flipping once.
- The hamburgers should be crispy brown on the outside.
- ,about 7 min each side.
- Arrange cooked hamburgers on a platter, cover with the onions, keep warm.
- Pour stock into the fry pan and bring to a boil, add salt& pepper to your taste.
- Serve with the hamburgers.