1 hr 30 mins
In ‘Come Home to Supper’ by Christy Jordan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush the saltines and place them in a large bowl.
- 2Add the egg and ground beef and mix well with your hands.
- 3Form the beef mixture into four ½-inch thick patties.
- 4Place the patties in a Dutch oven or slow cooker.
- 5In a small bowl, stir together the ketchup, Italian seasoning, and 1/3 c water.
- 6Pour the ketchup mixture over the beef in the pot and top with the onion and bell pepper.
- 7If using Dutch oven—cover, place over medium heat, and cook 1 ½ hours.
- 8If using slow cooker, cover and seal the pot and cook until the beef patties are tender and no longer pink in the center, 7-8 hours on LOW, 3-4 hours on HIGH.
- 9Serve the patties over hot cooked rice with the gravy spooned on top.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Patties With Ketchup Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.9
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 200.7 mg
- Sodium 765.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 48.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning