Do you like recipes with a short list of ingredients? Here is a quick and easy, delicious beef patty dish that fits the bill. I found this recipe in a magazine many years ago, and have made it numerous times. Please don't substitute any other soup as it will just not be the same, this one is special! Also, don't add salt - it is not needed. The original recipe called for topping the patties with canned French Fried onions, if desired. I do not usually do this, but you might like them that way.
- Add the egg and bread crumbs to the ground beef and mix well.
- Shape into 4 to 6 patties.
- Brown both sides in ungreased skillet, over medium heat, not cooking them completely here.
- Drain off the fat.
- Spoon over the patties the undiluted Beefy-Mushroom soup.
- Cover the skillet and simmer a few minutes, spooning the gravy over the patties occasionally.
- Note: Sometimes I use only 1 lb of ground beef and make 4 patties. This is the only change I make.
I was going to post a very similar recipe, but found this one. This is definitely my favorite stand-by meal. I always make sure to have some ground beef and a can of this soup on hand. I add minced onions and a dash or two of salt and black pepper. I omit the egg, and only use a few tbsp of breadcrumbs. I also add about 1/4 cup of the soup to the meat mixture before forming into patties. I then add water equal to the amount of the removed soup and mix the soup in the can with the added water to make the gravy. It's very easy and economical, and is popular with adults and kids. If you have leftovers, it makes the best fried rice. Just crumble the meat and toss with cooked rice in a frying pan.
Nice and easy recipe for a quick tasty dinner! I did add a few more spices to the meat (garlic powder, pepper, onion flakes) to give it a little more flavor. I added 1 cup of brown gravy to the soup so I would have gravy for mashed potatoes too!