Good "stand-by" meat-and-potatoes meal. This goes over big with husband and kids. Easy, quick, and tasty comfort food.
- Combine all patty ingredients;mix thouroughly with your hands and shape into 4 patties.
- Spray a non-stick skillet, and brown patties on both sides.
- Add dry onion soup mix and 1 1/2 cup water.
- Cover pan tightly and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove patties to a plate.
- In a gravy shaker or jar, combine 1/2 cup water with 2 tbs. flour.
- Stir flour and water into onion gravy.
- Stir constantly with a whisk until it comes to a boil.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Return patties to pan.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or hot cooked noodles.
This is a real husband pleaser!! The patties are moist and the gravy is scrumpious!! Couldn't be easier. This was enjoyed by all. We served it with mashed potatoes and frozen peas. Great recipe! I will make this again...and again...and, Thanks papergoddess!
This is such a good recipe and so easy!! I don't see how anyone would not enjoy this, my kids who give me a headache at meal times gobbled it up and asked for more, the gravy is great, the patties are just like a declicious salisbury steak, I served mine over rice. This will get made alot at my house! thanks papergoddess.
I added sliced onions after frying the meat. I served with garlic mashed potatoes and corn. Very simple, good meal that everyone enjoyed.