Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy skillet patties that taste like mini meatloaves that cook in a tangy bbq type sauce.
- 4 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, small, minced
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup catsup
- Moisten bread in milk. Combine with meat, onion, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Shape into patties.
- Brown in oil in frying pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients with 1/2 cup water to make a sauce.
- Pour sauce over patties.
- Continue cooking, covered over low heat for 30 minutes.
Very easy and tasty supper dish for the family. The kids loved the sauce. Will make this again.
Just tried this tonight! Thought I'd see if it was a good alternative for warmer weather and no-oven cooking! Will be a nice meatloaf substitute! GREAT flavor but was a little disappointed at how the patties tried to fall apart on me when turning! I needed less oil to keep them from sticking so maybe an egg would help? Served whole green beans using the extra sauce; could have eaten more! Glad I stumbled across this!!!