Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I lived in Upper Michigan these were very popular there.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 11 1⁄2 ounces onion soup
- Dough: Mix first 3 ingredients together then chill for 2 hours or longer.
- Filling: Brown beef, drain. Mix in 2 tablespoons flour. Add onion soup. Cook until thick. Chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll dough about 1/8 inch thick onto well floured board. (Do this in small portions and keep rest chilled.).
- Cut into rounds size of a juice glass. Put 1 teaspoon of filling on each round in center and towards side, then fold over into a crescent shape.
- Crimp edges with a fork. Continue until all rounds are filled and rolled.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- (Can be made and frozen ahead of time.).
These are fabulous! I too made them with only 1/4 lb. of butter..