Top Review by Pippy
I made this with leftover prime rib roast - delicious! Simple, rich and tasty pasta dish. Since there are only two of us, I added a little tomato juice to moisten the leftovers, and baked it with some mozzarella on top the next night. Mmmmm :-)
- 1 lb round tip steak, cut 1/8 to 1/4 thick
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can seasoned chunky tomato
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1 inch wide strips.
- In medium bowl, combine beef, garlic and oil; toss to coat. set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding spinach to water during last minute of cooking.
- Drain well; do not rinse. Meanwhile heat large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef (1/2 at a time ) and stir-fry 1 minute or until outside is no longer pink.
- (Do no overcook ) Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; keep warm.
- In same skillet, add tomatoes and cook over medium-high heat until sauce is thickened.
- Return beef to skillet and add pasta mixture; heat through, mixing lightly.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons cheese; garnish with remaining cheese.