Recipe by Sherri L.
Quick, easy soup for the family. I puree my veggies to get my son to eat the soup, but if you don't have a picky eater you can leave that step out :)
- 6 ounces uncooked pasta
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onions or 1 medium onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup bell pepper
- 3⁄4 lb ground round
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, celery, carrots & zucchini; cook over medium heat until onions are carmalized and other vegetables are softened. Puree with immersion blender or blender.
- Add meat and cook until browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain.
- Return meat mixture to pan; add cooked pasta, cooked veggies and remaining ingredients. Cook 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.