Sassy Cat's Note:
Hearty soup. Quick and easy. Serve with a salad and bread and dinner is on the table. My adaptation of a recipe from Betty Crocker You can sub ground turkey and beef broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 (5 5/8 ounce) box Betty Crocker's hamburger helper, beef pasta flavor
- 6 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves, dried (or more)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1In a 4-quart soup pan cook beef and onion, over medium heat, until beef is brown; drain.
- 2Stir in sauce mix from chicken broth, Hamburger Helper, basil, pepper, and garlic.
- 3Heat to boiling, reduce heat.
- 4Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in past, peas and mushrooms.
- 6Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef & Pasta Soup
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.5
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.1 mg
- Sodium 979.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 14.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Betty Crocker's hamburger helper