Recipe by MizzNezz
I figure if I'm making pasta sauce, it's just as easy to make a big batch. And this saves me a lot of time later on. This sauce is very good. Has a great italian taste. Use for spaghetti, lasagna, your favorite pasta.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cups minced onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (6 ounce) can water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced (or 1 T dried)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot cook beef, onions, celery, green pepper and garlic, until beef is cooked through.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool, put in freezer containers (I use quart jars with screw top lids).
- Can be frozen for 4 months.