Recipe by LoveToCook
Simple and easy to make beef & pasta dish. I love to throw this together when in a hurry on a busy weekend or getting home late from work.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good but I did change it up a bit. I used a pound of hamburger and a half a pound of hot sausage. I used crushed tomatoes instead of diced. I also used wagon wheels as that is what I had on hand. I had to add 28 ounces of tomatoes and two cups of broth. I also used mozz cheese instead of parm. We liked this and I liked that it was a one pot meal.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can ready-to-serve beef broth
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups sliced zucchini (1/4-inch thick)
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles.
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; set aside.
- Pour off drippings.
- Combine tomatoes, broth and pasta in same skillet, pushing pasta into liquid; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in zucchini; continue cooking 5 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Return beef to skillet.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese; heat through.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese before serving.