Recipe by ~*Miss Diggy*~
This is my favorite recipe! I love making it and enjoy hearing people's comments on how good it is.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese or 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim off fat from steak.
- Cut into 6 pieces and flatten with the bottom of a heavy pan between wax paper.
- Dip meat into beaten egg, then into a mixture of bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Brown in oil and put into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In remaining oil, brown onion, then add tomato paste, hot water, and seasonings.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour half of the sauce over meat and put a slice of cheese over each slice of meat and top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours.