Recipe by KennyD
My mother got this recipe from a traveling salesman who cooked the meal in hopes of selling pots and pans. Mom said she would buy the pots and pans if he gave her the recipe. He said he couldn't so she didn't buy. Two days later he brought the recipe; she bought the pans; and I still cook this dish in those pans. Its a delicious meal and especially great on a cold winter day.
- 2 -3 lbs roast beef (your choice of cut)
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt (I substitute celery seed)
- 3 teaspoons paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide roast beef into serving size portions and add to pan with diced onions and pepers.
- Mix garlic salt, celery salt and paprika with enough water to cover roast.
- Simmer over low heat until beef is done and broth ingredients are nicely meshed together.
- Remove meat from broth and use thickening agent to make a gravy.
- I serve with mashed potatoes, but noodles or rice would be acceptable options.