Recipe by Random Rachel
Simple 4 ingredient meal that tastes great. Good for a busy night. My Mom used to make this all the time, it is one of my Dad's favorite meals. I put my rice in a rice cooker, so that's the amount of water I listed in the ingredients. It normally takes about 25 minutes to have it on the table, less if you use precooked beef.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 2 cups water (for beef)
- 4 cups water (for rice)
- 2 cups rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice as you would normally (I put it in a rice maker.).
- Saute' onion, and cook ground beef over medium heat in a large skillet, (add the beef a few minutes after the onion.) Drain off the fat (I usually rinse it under warm water.).
- Return to skillet. Add onion soup mix and water, bring to a boil and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm over rice.
- note: The soup mix thickens the water slightly, but it still will have a watery consistency. The extra liquid will soak into the rice and flavor it.