- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 cup long grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch cracked pepper
- 1 pinch ground rosemary
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 12" pan heat the Olive Oil on medium.
- Add the Long Grain White Rice, and Orza and stir in the pan until most of the Orzo is lightly brown.
- Slowly add the Water, White Wine, and the rest of the ingredients. At this step you can add in additional vegetables or par-cooked meat.
- Cover and continue to heat on medium until the mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook covered for 10-12 minutes or until most of the liquid has been adsorbed.
- Move the pan to a cool burner or hot mat and let the food absorb the rest of the liquid for 5 minutes.