Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from a recipe book when I bought a new electric skillet. It is quite and easy and it also tastes great!!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced, undrained
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, diced, undrained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chow mein noodles
- Brown ground beef with onion and green pepper in uncovered skillet at 325 degrees. Remove any excess grease.
- Add cooked macaroni, water chestnuts,pimento,soup,milk,and soy sauce; stir to blend. Bring just to a boil, cover with lid. and reduce heat to "simmer". Heat 10 to 15 minutes.
- Reduce to "warm" setting and garnich with chow mein noodles for serving.
I would give this a 3.5. This is a onepot meal for a quick meal. The water chesnuts give the dish an asian taste. It is missing something. I would add an additional tablespoon of soy sauce and would double the sauce/gravy next time. PAC Fall 2009.