- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 lbs meat
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim all fat from meat.
- Slice meat with the grain to about 1/4" to 1/2" thick.
- Place meat in the cool marinade and leave overnight, or for no less than 8 hours.
- Remove from brine and allow to air dry without rinsing.
- Smoke in your smoker for 12 to 16 hours or until jerky has dried out to your liking.
- Use your favorite fuel for smoking.
- This can be put into a dehydrator for about 6 hours.