Recipe by CHEF GRPA
I got this recipe from Betty Crocker.com Cook and serve dinner from one skillet! You'll only have one pan to wash after you've devoured this tasty Mexican dinner.
Top Review by marydaddy
Very good and easy. I substituted lb of brisket, and carved corn off of 2 fresh ears, also drained the beans, as I had the brisket floating in meat juice. It needed salt in our opinion, but was very quick and easy.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) jarold el paso thick 'n chunky salsa (2 cups)
- 1 (15 ounce) canprogresso dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (7 ounce) cangreen giant niblets whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese, if desired (2 oz)
- black pepper
- kosher salt
- garlic, powde
Directions See How It's Made
- In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in salsa, beans, corn, tomato sauce and 1 teaspoon of the chili powder. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder and the water until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto simmering beef mixture.
- Cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover; cook 8 minutes longer. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover; cook about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- special notes:.
- Substitution: Make an equally delicious and quick meal by substituting ground turkey breast for the ground beef.
- Serve with -- Bacon and Honey-Mustard Coleslaw Bacon and Honey-Mustard Coleslaw.
- Total Time: 30 minute.
- Serve With: Complete this easy meal with a salad of sliced oranges, sliced avocado and red onion rings drizzled with your favorite vinaigrette dressing.