Recipe by looneytunesfan
Yummmy served over buttered noodles.
Top Review by donnab14
Very tasty! I used a beef tenderloin tip which was left over and not quite thick enough for filet steaks from a whole tenderloin. I also did not use the crockpot. I browned the meat in a dutch oven then simmered the remaining ingredients for about 25 minutes. ( Cover off to allow gravy to thicken). I sprinkled the three Tbsp of flour on top of the meat as it simmered , then stirred it in, to promote gravy thickening. Served it over beef flavored rice pilaf which was topped with roasted sliced almonds. Very special meal!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lbs beef or 4 lbs sirloin tip steaks
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste or 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine or 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- buttered noodles (for accompaniment)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1/2 cup flour with the salt and pepper and toss with beef cubes to coat thoroughly. Place in crock-pot. Add green onions and drained mushrooms. Combine with beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste or ketchup. Pour over beef and vegetables; stir well. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 7 to 12 hours. One hour before serving, turn to HIGH setting. Make a smooth paste of red wine and 3 tablespoons flour; stir into crock-pot, mixing well. Cover and cook until thickened. Serve over hot buttered noodles. 8 to 10 servings (about 3 quarts).