Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 (6 ounce) cans no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium saucepan, combine first 7 ingredients; simmer for 20 minutes.
- In large skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain excess fat.
- Remove from heat; add 1 cup shredded cheese, 1 cup tomato paste mixture and olives.
- Pour the remaining tomato paste mixture into a greased 13” x 9” baking dish.
- Spoon about 2 heaping tablespoonfuls of beef mixture down center of each tortilla; fold or roll tortilla around filling.
- Place the tortillas seam side down in dish.
- Pour any remaining beef and tomato mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with sour cream, Mexican rice, refried beans and margaritas!
Great recipe! We really enjoyed these. Love the sauce...delicious!